During the Rectorship of the Rev. George H. Murphy (1947-1952), the membership of the Parish increased and the physical facilities were expanded, with the dedication of the Parish House in November, 1949.
In 1953 the Rev. William Shearer came as a supply rector, and was called as permanent rector. Ill health limited his service to two years.
The Rev. Harold Barrett became the church’s fourth rector in 1955. Under his leadership, over 16 years, the parish grew significantly. In the late ‘50s plans were laid for the construction of a new church which was completed and dedicated in 1962. The new building included the present church, an assembly room below and additional Sunday school rooms. The former church nave was converted into offices and a library, but the sanctuary was retained as a chapel, its altar remaining in its original position.
The Rev. Robert Wood came to Good Shepherd in 1971 as a priest-in-training under Mr. Barrett and when Mr. Barrett left a few months later, he was named priest-in-charge. He was called to be rector in 1972 and served until 1983.
In 1983, the Rev. John Talbird was called to succeed Mr. Wood as rector, serving until June of 2006, leading the parish through major building renovations, the development of an extensive outreach program in Haiti (including the construction of a school in Petit Harpon), becoming a host congregation for Family Promise (formerly Interfaith Homeless Network), an expanded vision for music and worship, and continued congregational growth.
Upon Mr. Talbird’s retirement the Rev. Dex Bender was called to serve as interim rector for two years until the calling of the Rev. Robert Childers, the current rector, in 2008.